Monday, April 28, 2008

Where's Whoopi?!

Where is the Whoopi Goldberg we all loved and knew? She's not the Whoopi Goldberg who's co-hosting THE VIEW this season. I have loved Whoopi for as long as I can remember. I support her. I respect her intelligence and I value her honesty. I stopped buying ALL Slim-Fast products when they fired her for a political ant-Bush joke. I wrote them an angry letter and shredded the coupons they sent in response. I thought she was unfairly trashed for her turn at hosting The Oscars. We'll look back one day and see that she worked that show for all it was worth and did some funny bits that were lost in the shuffle. I was damned excited when Whoopi began guest hosting THE VIEW. She was a natural. Whoopi's done stage, movies, radio, and TV. She KNOWS her way around "the biz." And, she's a fighter who isn't afraid to "bring it." She had a late night talk show in the 90's that ran for 200 episodes. On one episode Whoopi said to a former KKK leader who was at the time head of WAR, the White Aryan Resistance: ''So, let me get this straight, you think nonwhites should be strongly encouraged to have abortions, and whites should not.'' Metzger nodded "yes." Goldberg smiled warmly, said in a low voice, ''Somethin' to think about'' and then went to commercial. I can't believe that a woman who would have a KKK/WAR leader on her talk show can't take on Elizabitch Hasselcoulter. Maybe it's because she's old now. She just doesn't have the energy to look that screaming blond harpy in the face and shout her back down. Rosie did, and it almost killed her. I hoped Whoopi could bring even more "weight" to the table when she joined the show, but she can't compete with the blond monster at the end of the table. It's also becoming more clear that when Barbara is there, Elizabeth shuts her Republican robot pie-hole, and when Barbara's not there, she takes EVERY opportunity to pick a fight with Whoopi and occasionally Joy and Sherri. Whoopi, I know you're not reading this and that no one you know is reading this, but I hope that somehow you find your balls again and that you metaphorically stomp Elizabeth Hasselbeck into the ground. I want to see her cry, and I want you to laugh when she cries and then cut to a commercial. And, when you come back... no more L'il Annie Coultergeist on THE VIEW.

No comments: