Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Inspired to Nap by American Idol

Usually I wish that AMERICAN IDOL was 2 hours long every week. FOX is high for not milking more time from this juggernaut, but tonight I could have done with a lot LESS. After the first two songs, it was all downhill. Very downhill. I was clearly watching a different show than the judges.

Michael Johns [aka Chris Daughtry with hair] - What a way to open the show! Great song choice. He just gets foxier every week. He rocked the ascot without the Charles Nelson Reilley vibe.

Syesha Mercado [aka Tamyra Gray] - Daaaamn. Risky song choice, but I think she pulled it off.

Jason Castro [aka Justin Guarini] - I don't even have the words to express how much this kid bugs the crap out of me. Were the judges watching the same performance I was? I just don't... I just... Is it me?

KLC [Kellie Pickler with just a dash of Carrie Underwood] - I still don't like her, but at least she doesn't sound as bad as she used to.

David Cook [aka Blake Lewis with just a dash of extra testosterone] - Hmmm. Normally, I love love love Morbo-- I mean David Cook. But, this week, he sounded like Monchuleta: confusing lowest common denominator cheesy with inspirational. It was very "theme parky." Bad song choice.

Carly Smithson [aka Laura Branigan] - What is up this week? Everyone who usually sounds good sounds lame. And all the dead weight stepped up. I was not loving Carly's wailing Branigonian rendition of Queen. It wasn't powerful.

Monchuleta - I can't take it any more! Every week he's SO cheesy. This week was no different. I am NOT watching the same show as the judges.

Whitey White McWhitey - [aka a wet rag] Brooke picks great songs and then bores me into a coma by singing them. Also, she looks distractingly constipated most of the time.


My top three:
1. Michael Johns!!
2. Ramielle
3. Chickeze
(I did like Syesha too)

My Bottom three:
1. Monchuleta
2. KFC
3. Jesus Castro

No comments: