Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Simmer Down Simon Cowell

I have loved Mariah Carey since her very first single when I was in college. I have never denied loving her music even when it has brought unwarranted ridicule down unto me. I narrowly missed sharing an elevator (2 floors) with her when I worked in the Sony Building. I have seen GLITTER at least a dozen times. It's funny, people. When I went to see it in the theatres, the audience at the Meridian consisted of me, my least favorite ex-bf, and a homeless dude who kept moving around to different sections of the theatre. This was opening week. Anyway, I enjoyed her fall from grace into straight-up crazy-bitch-town, and I've LOVED her rise back to the top of the charts. And, perhaps now people will see how difficult it is to sing her songs.

Monchuleta - His cheese train just keeps on rolling along. He has a great voice, but it's so plain and uninteresting.

Carly Smithsimon - I think she KILLED it! LOVED it!

Syesha Houston - She will F*CK you UP, if you mess with her!

Whitey McSnooze - This song always makes me laugh because one time it came on after I'd been to Subway subs, and there really was a hero inside of me. And, once again Whitey McSnooze took a song that I truly love and clawed her way through it like a cat trying to get out of a burlap bag!

KFC - Yikes! The slow parts were dreadful. She can kinda belt out the big notes, but nowhere near Mariah's level. She could have at least "countrified" the song to make it less boring. I agree with Simon.

Ramiele Malubay sighting!

David Cook - THANK G-D FOR DAVID COOK! Why does every single other Idol contestant copy the original so closely? DC is taking risks that are really paying off. At least someone is! Now that Aussie McHotty is gone, David Cook is my #1 favorite! Awww, and he got choked up. What a sweetie.

Jesus Castro - Ok, he switched up the song, but I still don't like him. He's whiny. Or clammy or something. He should be playing hackey sack with his buds on the quad. WHY do people like him?! Can someone tell me?

My top three:
1. David Cook
2. Carly Smithsimon
2. Syesha Houston

Everyone else:
1. Can go to hell

Please for the love of all that's good and true send Whitey or KFC home, America! Also, Paula needs a slight medication adjustment. She was OK for the first few weeks of the show, but she's really starting to act nutty again. Yay! More Mariah tomorrow!!

2 comments:

JR said...

I'm totally on board with your top 3 but I'm a little scared for Carly. If those boring ass neocon blondes stay I'm gonna be pissed. Have you noticed that Jesus always wears tight rodeo jeans, what up with that?

Patty said...

Yes, if Carly goes before Whitey or KFC I'll be pissed! The rodeo jeans contribute to my confusion over Jason Castro.