Monday, June 9, 2008

You Should Have That Mole Looked At

Monday night on ABC THEMOLE aired its second episode. Many reviews of THEMOLE keep "bitching" about how complicated THEMOLE is, but frankly it's not half as smart as it used to be, and it's still a lot more entertaining than many other shows out there. It's really too early to tell who the mole is, but I doubt it's Nicole who threatened to actually kill Paul in his sleep and leave no forensic evidence. ABC is ruthless, but I think they draw the line at publicly pre-announced murder. Nicole's one step away from crazy, and Paul wants to push her there. Bobby would be my lead candidate for the mole, but he's just too obvious. Like I said, no one really sticks out. The editing really sticks out in THEMOLE but not for the right reasons. When the show first aired, it was among the first serial reality game shows. The viewing public wasn't as aware then of the gross manipulation of the proceedings of the reality game shows by editors and producers. The old Mole made me think. So far, THEnewMOLE has kept my attention, but it's not making me think (except about Anderson Cooper).

1 comment:

Amy said...

The new Mole makes me think. It makes me think about how much I miss the original Mole. This one is just a combo of the Amazing Race and Biggest Loser except the people aren't interesting or fat.