Friday, June 20, 2008

Kiss My Big Fat Emmy

Well, Tyra "Me! Me! Me! ME!" Bank$ won a g-ddamnned Daytime Emmy! Now we'll NEVER hear the end of it. Though very humble and dignified (for Tyra) in her acceptance speech, I just know she is going to throw this in the gaunt faces of future ANTM models: "Do you think you could win a Daytime Emmy --like I have-- with photographs like that?!" Click on the "tiny crazy tyra" pix to enlarge them and feeeel the crazy like it's in the room with you. (Shiver!) Yes, I'm watching the Daytime Emmys. It's a bad habit. I actually only care about the talk show hosts, educational kids shows, and lifetime achievement awards. Years ago, my dear friend Steve told me a few Daytime Emmy "rules."
1. Supporting Actress nominees ALWAYS cry in their clips
2. 98% of winners will thank god or jesus or some combination of the two
3. It's surprising how many soap actors and actresses have multi-decade-long careers as the same character and never win an Emmy.
It was not a good night at the Daytime Emmys for me. Rachael "I Support The Taliban" Ray (see photo) won an Emmy instead of my only recently least favorite show THE VIEW. That just ain't right. Even with Hasselcoulter, they're still better than Rachael "Sunshine Is Flying Out Of My B#tthole" Ray. Ugh! THE VIEW has been chugging along through co-host disasters for ELEVEN years. They are now the talk show equivalent of La Lucci. Regis and Kelly are also Emmy-less after many years of consecutive nominations. I love Regis Philbin, but his lifetime Emmy speech was wooden and a bit rushed. I did enjoy the clip package, though. I wish Joy had gone up on stage with him!! Oh yeah, and Ellen won again. She needs to take her name out of the running next year like Oprah, so the others can have a chance.

No comments: