Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This Mole's For You

I'm happy to report that THE new MOLE is pretty good. It's usually tough to judge a "new" reality show from the first few episodes, but I enjoyed last night's premiere. They've traded a little bit of the intrigue and mystery of the previous incarnation of THE MOLE for "new millennium" drama. There's more "dun dun DUUUN" and less "hmmmmm." The new host is better than I thought he would be, but I will always miss my little Anderson Coopster who was the best MOLE host ever! The show also suffers from the FOX-syndrome where they rush through sections of the show too quickly and drag other sections out too long. Perhaps the pace will self-correct as more players are eliminated. I have NO idea who the mole is, but the following players are my favorites. Contetant bios from ABC's THE MOLE site.

"Paul has the accent and demeanor that clearly reveals he's an Italian New Yorker from Yonkers. Paul works 9 to 5 as a machinist for a utility company and as a wedding DJ on the weekends."

Liz rocks!! "Liz has more energy than people half her age. She lives life to the fullest and does not let age stand in her way. She won't hesitate to shock people with her outlandish sense of humor. Liz is a widow. When her husband passed away, she decided to adopt two children and raise them on her own." 6/9/2008 update: Liz was executed on the second episode.

"Bobby [is a fox,] loves games, competing, and winning, though you may not know it from his low key exterior. He is a hardcore fan of The Mole and used to host Mole watching parties in his basement. He knows the game well and has a solid strategy to form coalitions with less intelligent players that he can lead astray."

1 comment:

Amy said...

I"m not sure I love the new Mole - and the host is better than I'd thought he'd be but you'd think he could memorize his lines instead of sounding like he's reading them every time he talks. So far I'm rooting for the Paul.