Sunday, May 25, 2008

This Is My Brain On...

...Friday: Ahhhh, the weekend was full of hope and joy and promise. I ate yummy pizza at my favorite pizza place. I was thrilled and horrified by THERE WILL BE BLOOD. Daddy issues much, Paul "Mr. Maya Rudolph" Thomas Anderson? I also thoroughly enjoyed THE SOUP. And, while I hate to be a home wrecker, I hope Joel McHale divorces his lovely wife and marries my sister by this time next year.

...Saturday: Hot. So Hot! Weather forecasters should all be fired and driven from town (see exceptions below). I'd hoped to curl up on the sofa and edit footage from the latest BUTTROCK SUITES LIVE show, but it was too sunny and I enjoyed a walk in the dog park with Buddy and Joseph. We also watched CLOVERFIELD, and while it was WAY better than I expected, I'm looking forward to the sequel where we get to see what the smart people did during the attack. Watching a bunch of dumbasses make a series of flawed decisions on their quest to save a vapid, anorexic supermodel was a little hollow. The effects were top notch. Seriously cool.

...Sunday: Mmmm, Simpsons. TV rotted my brain, and man! did I enjoy it! I feel like I'm a sailor adrift in the doldrums between the end of May sweeps and the beginning of "Summer Season." I'm giddy with anticipation for THE MOLE, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (which I'm watching on Monday), and AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (but no future).

The following TV weathermen are exempt from mass firing and exile based solely on their cuteness:
1. Super dreamy Chris Warren
2. Adorable Ed Muir (terrible photo!)
3. Kinda Cute Robert Santos

No comments: