Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rock And/Or Roll

America, here are your judges. Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell. Without them...
...the show would only be 30 minutes.

David Cook - Hungry Like The Wolf - I did not dig this performance. He really seemed like he was phoning it in or kinda strutting around stage soaking in the adoration. Whichever, I was not digging his vibe. And, I hate to say that this was my least favorite of his performances.

Baba O'Reilly - MUCH better than the first song, but still not up to his full tilt potential. This is a baaaad time to take it safe and easy.

Syesha - Proud Mary - She is bringin' it! Watch out for Syesha. I think she really nailed a song that could have gone off the rails at ANY second. Her energy came through, and I was singing along like a damn fool. My poor dog's ears. She even nailed some of the Tina choreography. Brilliant!

A Change Is Gonna Come - Randy is HIGH. That was THE BOMB. BEST performance of the night. A truly diva-worthy performance. Both her songs tonight were fantastic. She is really kicking ass here at the end of the show.

Jason Castro - I Shot The Sheriff - Every week --from the first note-- all I can think of is NO NO NO NO NO! In the name of all that is holy and good in the world, what in the hell is this cartoon character doing?! This song was 100% cruise ship, and NOT the good lounge. AWFUL!

Mr. Tambourine Man - Holy Freakin Christmas! What a Brooke White-sized TRAINWRECK! It actually HURT my ears and my brain and my soul. Get this jester goofball weirdo out of my TV!

Monchuleta - Stand By Me - Awwwwwww! I mean, Aaaaaaaugh!! With pandering in the news so much these days, here's an excellent example of pandering to show the kids.

Love Me Tender - Awwwwww! I mean, Aaaaaaugh!! What does a 12 year old boy know about loving someone tender(ly). It probably didn't even matter that his voice wasn't even that strong tonight. I agree with Simon, that Monchuleta's two songs made millions of girls pick up the phone.

The Simpson's are to blame for the title of this post. I believe it was Reverend Lovejoy who suspected that the organist's sheet music had been switched with "rock and/or roll" or something like that. Credit where credit is due. Send Jason Castro HOME!

No comments: