Monday, March 24, 2008

Very Live with Regis and Ke- Joy Philbin!

Even though, I couldn't love Kelly "Crazy Ass" Ripa any more than I do, it's always a wonderful, welcome surprise when Joy Philbin is co-hosting LIVE with Regis. I doubt she knew what she was getting herself into when she agreed to co-host this morning. Today's first 20 minutes were the BEST and WORST the show has ever been! (I think I said that about a show just a few weeks ago too!) I laughed so hard and then I cried. They've pulled some whack-ass stunts on this show. I'm convinced Gelman goes on a shaman retreat once a year and sits in a sweat-lodge until he comes up with ideas like the Yeti give-away, ambush makeovers, and dressing like a woman as often as "comedy" will permit. If you don't watch the show, don't ask. Anyway, today's show was the kind of trainwreck that a show that's been on for 20+ years (that I've been watching semi-religiously since 1987) should never have, which made it ALL the more FUN to watch. But, here's the rub! They didn't post the trainwreck online! And, it's a REAL shame! The online host chat video cuts off right when the show goes off the rails. Shame on your Michael "Shamen" Gelman for taking away the best worst part of today's show! You'll just have to picture Joy Philbin in a beautiful, slinky red dress (that looks pink in the still above) throwing giant chunks of ice at a yeti while wearing giant, bright yellow Platex kitchen gloves. The yeti was wearing a baseball catchers mask but no head piece to the yeti costume. It was like a Fellini circus! It was like a 4th rate reality show! It was glorious. And then someone gave Regis a hammer, and Joy said -- very loudly, with great alarm in her voice, "Who gave Regis a hammer?!" Luckily, no one lost an eye, but it was close at one point. Joy Philbin, you are one classy f*ckin' lady to put up with THAT kind of BS with grace and a sense of humor. Oh my god, it was the BEST and so horrible!!

No comments: