Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I just like saying, "Ramiele Malubay"

It's time for AMERICAN IDOL again, people! I still think the new set makes it look like the show is taking place on a deck of the Imperial Death Star where Simon Cowell has recently taken over from Darth Vader. Are they doing another week of Beatles songs so that Paul can pay off Heather Mills? Or does Paul own any of these songs? Just what does Michael Jackson own? Or did he sell it all off to pay for more ceramic tigers and nanny hush-money? Who does own the Beatles song book?

Amanda Overmyer - What is the DEAL with this chick? She is about as soft and subtle as an axe to the forehead. I'm afraid she's a bit much for me. I totally agree with what Simon said, "boring."

Kristy Lee Cook - Get ready for the bottom two again. What the hell was that?! It wasn't country. It wasn't pop. It wasn't exactly a ballad. When Paula says, "You look great tonight!" you know you are in trouble. I know what she meant, but did she really say to Simon, "I can blow you out of your socks and you know it"?

David Archuleta - I agree with my friend, JR, who thinks Archuleta looks like a Monchichi. He really sang the sh*t out of that song! He has such an amazing voice. Hopefully he can overcome the utter insanity of being an American idol contestant to stay in the competition.

Darn, why didn't I fast forward through Ryan Seacrest's live, cheesy iPhone commercial?

Michael Johns - Parts of his performance were great, but other parts were kinda weird. It was very Constantine Maroulis. Like, he went from Vegas to Broadway to a dark smokey bar all in one section of the song. I agree with what Simon said about that song being un-edit-able. It's tough to "rush" the song like Johns did. He's still hot, though. And hopefully that will keep him around for another week.

Brooke White - Zzzzzz. She kinda danced like a scarecrow too, which was unsettling.

David Cook - He looks 32 to me. Do they have paperwork to prove he's 25? Regardless, he rocks hard! He's this season's Blake Lewis. Thank goodness someone is taking a risk and actually trying to entertain me rather than just get through to next week. He rocked the crap out of that song! He's my favorite.

Carly Smithson - Daaaaamn! What an amazing voice. Truly one of those voices that just grabs me and won't let go.

Jason Castro - I don't get the dreads. He comes across as a Grade A Cheeseball like Justin Guarini, but he looks like a member of Rage Against the Machine from the neck up. He dresses like a science dweeb who has a hip older sister. He can barely speak, and he really shouldn't.

Syesha Mercado - I think she fell into the trap of doing a boring song boringly. She sounded beautiful, but I was asleep halfway through the song.

Chikezie - I was with him up until the harmonica, but then kinda brought it back. He has such a beautiful voice. The beginning sounded just lovely. Then he just kinda kept winding it it up and up and up. and, it worked! He's another contestant who is taking risks and trying to entertain me. I applaud that!

Ramiele Malubay - Could she be any cuter?! Sadly, though I love her, I hated that song! It was kinda country and kinda Vegasy and not in a good way. This could be the end of the road for my Malubay.

My top three
1. Carly Smithson
2. David Cook
3. David Archuleta

My bottom three
1. Amanda Overmyer
2. Kristy Lee Cook
3. Jason Castro

I think the bottom three will be Kristy Lee, Syesha, and Ramiele.

Who did you vote for?

1 comment:

JR said...

I want Michael & David C. to give David A. a swirley.