Thursday, September 11, 2008

Project Runway in Retrograde



Last night's episode of Project Runway once again proved that the show is running on Bravo fumes. Next year when the show is on Lifetime I can't imagine that it will be much better. Not that it was truly terrible, but it's getting old and clearly the producers are running out of good ideas for challenges.

The show started off with Terri singing Ding Dong the Witch is Dead which immediately indicted that by the end of the episode karma would come back around, kiss her on both cheeks, and wish her a hollow "auf weidershen." God, I love karma.

The astrological challenge was genius. I can't wait until they do Hallmark holidays like Grandparents Day and Administrative Assistant Day outfits.

I'll admit that at first I liked the idea - but then the eliminated contestants came out and I realized this was going to be a disaster. I didn't like any of them the first time around. Why would I want to see any of them again?

Halfway in I was sure Kenley was going to go. Her bad attitude and incessant whining nearly killed me. I used to really like her but now I'm on team Korto.

So begins the runway...

The first model out was Blayne & Stella's Libra monstrosity. There are no words for what they did. No words. Awful is too generous. Kenley's was awful and she got to stay.

Terri's was GREAT. For the drag queen challenge. If there was a drag queen named La Cucaracha.

Korto's dress was once again my favorite. Except when the model turned around.

Joe's design was very good. I just wish I liked him more. Or could at least remember that he's on the show. Is it possible for him to be any more forgettable?

Jerrell's dress was very well done. Sagittarius is an earth sign. Earthy colors. I got it. It was really the only one that made sense.

I loved Leanne's dress. Especially the back - or lack there of.

Suede really disappointed. So boring. Suede, you made Amy sad. Amy thinks you should have done better. Amy also thinks you must stop talking in the third person. Amy thinks it is really stupid.

Michael Kors said that Blayne's garment was "almost costumey." Almost, Mike? Almost?

On a roll, Michael Kors' comment to Terri about her model looking like a "voodoo princess in hell" made me, and the model, laugh out loud. Terri didn't think it was so funny.

So Kenley stayed. Jerrell won. Nina was back. Terri & Blayne are OUT. And right now Virgos are ruling the month.

What is your sign? What was your favorite designer dud last night?

1 comment:

Patty said...

Booooooo! Patty thinks Suede should have gone packing. Patty likes Terry and thinks she was a solid and consistent designer. I, yes I, will miss her. Blayne is from West Seattle where I live, but I'm too afraid of him to go buy a coffee from him. Amy, you are right about PROJECT RUNWAYS slow slide into snoozeville. Perk up, Heidi!