Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Becky Homecky


This week on Project Runway we were treated by a challenge that once again left me wondering what I was watching. I miss the old Project Runway from seasons gone by. Where are the frantic challenges? Where is the bend-your-mind creativity? It certainly isn't on this show anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Project Runway but it really needs a shot of adrenaline. It is just not as good as it used to be. This week's challenge featured Mothers and Daughters - the daughters just graduated from college and needed new makeovers to help them get into the workforce. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... Oh, sorry, I just feel asleep. Yawn.

My first thought when the mother/daughter pairs came out was that apparently only white people want to have makeovers. Or else only white people go to college. A little diversity really would have been nice. The show takes place in NYC for godsakes. Who were these people? and where did they come from? And I'm pretty sure at least two of those "mothers" were actually pre-op fathers. Just sayin'.

I'll admit I wasn't paying super close attention to the show as I was trying to win some coins on Facebook bingo. Try it, it's FUN. F-U-N. Ah, but I digress... I was also trying to block out Kenley's ridiculously annoying voice and whining. She really really needs to shut up. She's talented and her garment was cute but good lord, girl, SHUT UP already!

The runway was boring. The judging, thanks to Mike Kors, was the most interesting part of the show. Korto's outfit was nice, not my favorite this week but I love that green she used. Leanne's dress was adorable but the jacket was too much. I'm glad the judges made her client take it off. Jerrell! For some reason I'm not a HUGE fan of Jerrell but I really like a lot of his work. And the feather chapeau he wore during the judging was tres fabulous! He does make me giggle. His garment was so perfect for his client. Suede once again was a disappointment. Somewhere along this PR journey he's lost his mojo. I hope he finds it. I really like Suede for some reason - maybe its the hair? It certainly isn't the way he refers to himself in the third person! Kenley is truly delusional. She actually cried when she didn't win. Oy. Joe's, aka whatshisname's, 60 year old flight attendant outfit was sad. A pocket square?! He deserved to go "outsy daisy" for that one.

My previews got cut off for next week so it will be a big surprise. I just hope its a big surprise in a really good way and we are blessed with a better challenge than this week.

What did you think of the show this week? How do you think this season of Project Runway compares to the others before it? Who do you want to win?

1 comment:

Patty said...

I couldn't agree more about Jerrell! For some reason I can't explain, I'm not a HUGE fan of Jerrell as a person, but I'm really liking his work more and more. He seems nice enough, but he's a little too much of a kiss-ass, I guess. Like Amy said, Suede is fading. Kenley is so annoying I want someone (preferably Tim Gunn or Nina Garcia) to sucker punch Kenley right in the face. Ugh! Amy, you are gonna LOVE next week's episode based on the previews. I sadly have to agree that PROJECT RUNWAY is slipping into JC Penny territory and needs to quickly get back to the new snatchier Donatella Versace, Alexander McQueen, and Galiano-esque daring territory. Where is Edina Monsoon when you bloody well need her!?!?