Thursday, July 24, 2008

Coulda Shoulda Woulda


Patty is on vacation for a bit so he asked me to blog in his stead. A huge undertaking if you ask me but Patty ain't heavy, he's my brother. So I said I'd give it a shot. Let's get started...

I'm already a little behind on my viewing. I'm in for about 4 hours of SYTYCD which I'll get to this weekend. Last night opted for Project Runway - not so sure I made the right decision. Don't get me wrong - I love me some Tim Gunn but I get a little exhausted trying to keep up with all the contestants on the beginning of most reality shows. Take me down to the Top 10 and I'm usually ok. This season of PR, in particular, is especially confusing because most of the contestants look alike, talk alike, and do the same stuff.

Jennifer & Leanne? Same people, right? Emily & Kenley could be in a 40's pin-up girl version of the Parent Trap. And Terry & Korto are like good twin/bad twin.

At the same time, who the hell came up with some of these names? Between the contestants and the models I'm not sure I'm in Kansas anymore: Suede, Blayne, Korto, Tapasio, Jermaine (for a girl), Xaviera? Huh?

Suede was the first featured contestant so you know from the get-go that he's either gonna win or lose. And if you've watched the show you know they ain't gonna let go of the bear with the faux-hawk yet. I'm excited when they announce cocktail dresses. This is something I can relate to - and cocktail dresses are pretty. Yaaaaay!

But after too much drama after the models picking the fabric, one use of "hot mess", Blayne (aka Malibu Ken) talking about leather (he should know - look at his skin) with Stella (um, did Keith Richards and Steve Perry have a love child?), a few people "stepping up their game", and Natalie Portman, I was left disappointed. I'm not even gonna talk about the use of green fabrics because no one on the show did either. It may have been cliche but I wish they had to do cocktail dresses out of hemp or organic cotton or something. I get that they wanted to show that green fabrics can be other things but er, they missed the mark.

My reaction to the runway went something like this: Ew! Boring! HOOTCHIE! WTF? Eh, pretty. Cheeze. Dumb! Ok. Great top - don't look at the bottom. Didn't I see that in season 2? Eh. Stupid! Whoa (in a bad way.) Humph! Did I miss something - are they doing skating dresses? Ug- um - ugly.

My favorite part was Nina's reaction to Korto's dress coming down the runway. Fins! Ha! I actually think she may have broken the botox in her face.

I agreed with pretty much everything the judges said. I didn't like Suede's dress at first but it was the clear winner coming down the runway because of how fun, different (in a good way) and well done it was. On further inspection it was pretty cute. Stella's dress was just plain cheezy but I will give her props for how well done it was. Gross, but well done. Korto's dress was awful - it could have been so good. Coulda shoulda woulda. Whatevs - that girl need to grow a thicker skin if she wants to stay in the competition. Tears?! Puh-leez.

I'm just relieved that Wesley was sent home. Terrible. Stupid short "garment", badly done, and well, he was just a tool anyway. Back to Suede: he's my favorite. Especially after the shout out to his mommy. Adorable.

What did you think of the show? Do you have any favorites?

3 comments:

Patty said...

OMG, I can't WAIT to see Nina Garcia have a facial expression!

Sarah said...

Do these people know what show they are on? Cause if I have to hear "this isn't what I do" one more time, someone is going to get hurt. It's called stretching people...and the whole point of the show. Kudos to Suede, it ended up much better than I thought. I also thought Jennifer's orange and gray jersey dress deserved a little more love.

Doodle Whore said...

Yeah, enough with the whining already. Even though I cringe with every third person self-reference from Suede, his garment showed some ingenuity. (Although it was reminiscent of something thick necked Jeffrey Sebelia would make.)