Monday, July 28, 2008

Ah But We Can Still Post About It!


Finally got around to watching SYTYCD and now have finally gotten around to writing about it. I’ll start off by saying that I’m sad to see Will go. He is an unbelievable dancer and although I’ll miss watching him each week he’ll definitely go on to have an amazing career. Plus, we may get Debbie Allen back as a judge now. Win-win.

Side note: Toni Basil rocks. I’ll never forget seeing her walk by the Caliente Cab Company in NYC when my entire family was eating there during an orientation weekend before my brother started at NYU. It was a pivotal moment – and lemme just say, the girl has not aged a bit. Toni, not Patrick - although he still looks pretty good. I digress...

Another side note: I love Cat Deely but she should never, and I mean never be shot with the camera unless its at an angle. Straight on and her nose is diagonally down the center of her face. Not cute.

1. Will & Courtney doing the Samba. Muy Caliente! I loved the song choice, too.
2. Comfort doing her stupid krump solo. Yawn.
3. Twitch & Katee doing a Mia Michaels contemporary dance that was BRILLIANT! I totally loved this one. Best number of the night.
4. Will channeling James Brown. Holy crap that was GREAT entertainment. Go Will!
5. Comfort & Mark doing a hip-hop routine. I love watching dancers – not big baggy clothes. There were a few tricks here but I’m tired of the same old hip-hop stuff.
6. Katee’s solo is nice.
7. Chelsea & Joshua doing the Tango. Very sexy. Chelsie’s legs are crazy!
8. Mark does his solo – I love Mark but again, it’s the same old thing he always does.
9. Courtney & Will do another number – this time they are doing some kind of hip hop thing that I like better than the Comfort & Mark detention number. I don’t love it but I like it.
10. Chelsie’s solo is fun. She mixes it up a little bit each time. Maybe it’s the costumes?
11. Twitch & Katee do their second number – again this is so much fun. I love watching both of them.
12. Joshua does a pretty cool popping solo.
13. Courtney does a nice solo, too.
14. Twitch does his solo – he’s just got so much personality!
15. Comfort & Mark do their second which doesn’t do it for me. I feel sorry for Mark – I love him and he just hasn’t been that great since he worked with Chelsie.
16. Chelsie & Joshua close the show with their disco routine which was great.

So now to the results show – we already know who gets the boot. Katie is safe. Will is in the bottom 2 – bummer. Comfort is in the bottom 2 again. Mark is SAFE – what? Shocking. Even he was surprised. Again, I love him but he get’s the Nikki McKibbin award this week. Chelsie is safe. Twitch is in the bottom 2. This makes me sad. Clearly something is awry here. Joshua is safe and poor Courtney who they leave in that back room forever is in the bottom 2. Next a few dances of death (or whatever Cat Deely calls them) and on to the filler entertainment.

While we await the results we’re treated to a snooze of a ballet. Maybe it was good but I fast forwarded through it. And then… Ladies and Gents…

Fresh from his chryonics chamber is L.L. Cool J (no pun intended.) I like LL. I liked him about 20 years ago. His song was awful and his “dancers” were even worse. And on a dance competition show? Really now!

The final results were good news/bad news. What do you want to hear first? Good news? Ok. Comfort’s going home. Bad news? Will’s going home. But someone had to go and I’ll admit that I’m glad Twitch is sticking around for another week just because I love his numbers.


Who is your favorite?

1 comment:

Patty said...

Will going home smells "fishy" to me.