Monday, October 20, 2008

Through With THE VIEW

(click on the photos to make them bigger) I am through watching women I used to respect being berated in a disgustingly disrespectful manner every morning on THE VIEW. Elizabeth Hasselbeck's only "claim to fame" is as a losing contestant on a reality game show as Kathy Griffin recently pointed out. Ms. Griffin goes on to say "This notion that everyone has to be quiet and listen to Hasselbeck is out of control. I am not sure why [Barbara Walters] treats her like a rock star." Which brings me to my next point. It's so difficult to watch such a pioneer in journalism like Barbara Walters be daily dragged down into the muck of Hasselcoulter's robotic Republican propaganda. Joy Behar has had to put up with A LOT during her 11 years on THE VIEW and here recent nights on CNN filling in for Larry King, but nothing has compared to the daily assault by Hasselbitch. Even Whoopi Goldberg, who is usually so well-spoken and level-headed appears to be flummoxed by Hasselcoulter's venom and machine-gun style of dominating a conversation. And, it's not that Hasselcoulter is a rabid Republican mouthpiece, it's that she's the WORST kind of rabid Republican mouthpiece and she will not shut up! E.D. Hill from Fox News (of all places) was a guest host on THE VIEW one day when Hasselcoulter was "caring" for her "children," and even though E.D. Hill is probably at least as crazy for McCain/Palin/Bush/Cheney 2008 ticket as Hasselcoulter, BUT she let the other ladies speak! She let them SHARE their opinions. It was a day of pointed conversation that didn't make me want to shoot myself in the face. It's not Hasselcoulter's views, it's her. On Friday, when Elizabitch said unequivocally that she was staying on THE VIEW, I couldn't take any more. I immediately changed my TiVo season pass to record THE PRICE IS RIGHT instead of THE VIEW. Why put myself through the daily stomach-churning frustrating disgusting display on THE VIEW when I can watch old ladies and cute frat guys win "fabulous" prizes on TPIR?! And, every Friday, I'll check out Hunk du Jour for the weekly wrap-up of my favorite TPIR hotties. Sorry Barbara Walters, but you handed your 11 year ratings Juggernaut to an inexperienced Republican robot and I'm done.

No comments: