Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gaaay

Tyra Banks read poetry on tonight ANTM. Imagine how weird your life would be if Tyra Banks kept popping up randomly and forcing you to smile pretty and listen to her poetry. She's turning into Kim Jong Il. One of the models on tonight's show said, "This is cycle 11, you never know what's going to happen." I have to disagree. You should know exactly what is going to happen. Tyra's gonna show up, do something humiliating and pointless, and then you're going to get photographed (by a man) while wearing pretty clothes. Time to vogue, ladies. The models were coached through a posing session with Ms. Tyra, who taught them how to "give this." This --as far as I can tell-- is what Tyra does for a living. My favorite person on the show is Joselyn (who was barely in this episode), and my favorite model is Sheena (even though, she's kinda one-note). Marjorie is totally gonna win, and I don't like Elina. Tyra's outfit (self described as "little black riding hood") and her over-the-top-of-the-top delivery at panel was from another planet. My favorite photograph was Samantha's but not because of her. Marjorie really rocked her photo. I agreed with the judges choice of who to send home. What do you think? Also, ummmmm, what is gonna happen to the ANTM timeslot when STYLISTA starts in 2 weeks?

So then I switch the channel over to Bravo (actually, I pding the TiVo over to Bravo) to watch part 1 of the PROJECT RUNWAY finale. A quote from Korto within the first 3 minutes of the show, "Typical Kenley... rude as hell." When Kenley just breezed by the other contestants with a scowl and went home. When 3 out of 4 people are getting along great, and you're the one walking away with a scowl, you need to look at yourself, lady! [But as we know from looking "into the future" on today's LIVE WITH _____ & KELLY that Kenley is still a total bitch.] My favorite part of the whole season is Tim's visit "home" to meet the contestants' families and see where they live and work. First up, Korto. Jesus! Korto is WAY too cool for Arkansas. Her collection and her workspace are stunning. Though, I agree with Tim that her wedding dress needed something more (a lot less). Korto then drummed for us. Who knew? Leanne lives in Portland, which explains why she's so mousy and plain. I liked her wedding dress more than Korto's, but her collection was kind of putting me to sleep. Tim Gunn on a bicycle built for two! Holy crap, perhaps the funniest thing this season. I love the parks in Portland. If it wasn't SO boring, I'd love to move to Portland. It's true that EVERYONE rides a bike in Portland. Jarell lives in LA. I should have figured that out. Though, his collection is so not-LA. I love Jarell's family. You can see in Jarell's story how creative people can be nurtured and supported by an environment instead of stifled by it. Speaking of stifling, Tim finally went to visit Kenley in Brooklyn. She cried. And cried. And then cried more. No friends. No family. Just tears. Gorgeous wedding dress, though. Best so far. Then the designers all moved back in together in NYC and got thrown a curve ball. They had to design a bridesmaid dress to go with their wedding dress. Kenley's eye roll almost pulled the Earth off it's axis. Later, she whined some more. Then later she accused Leanne and Korto of stealing her design. As if! In fact, later Michael Kors pointed out that Kenley's silouette was an almost exact copy of an Alexander McQueen dress from Spring of THIS year. Kenley protested petulently, but check out the photos I put together. Seems pretty identical to me. On the runway, however, none of the dresses looked like wedding dresses to me. I wouldn't want to be married in either Korto's dress or Jarell's. I was relieved by the judge's choice. I still think it's downright sh!tty to handle the end of the show this way. Just pick a damn final 3. Anyway, one week 'til the final finale! Also, don't forget to watch TIM GUNN'S GUIDE TO STYLE season 2. I'm devastated that Victoria Blackham --I mean! Veronica Webb isn't going to be on this season. If I didn't love Tim so much, I'd protest!

The gayness soldiered on into the night as I dipped my toe into TOP DESIGN. The challenge was to redecorate an eco-friendly office. But, who cares, really? The show should be called WHAT THE F#CK IS UP WITH KELLY WEARSTLER'S HAIR THIS WEEK?! In the mean time, Eddie elevated the level of bitchiness (and queeniness) every time he was on camera. It was like a never ending spiral into white-hot queerness. A little scary. Then Mr. India Hicks throws the biggest, stupidest curve into the show: after the designers have met with their clients, designed for their clients, and shopped for their clients, they have to swap clients with another designer and somehow make their "vision" work. This is utter bull$hit, and I'm sick of it! Play fair, show producers. Then FINALLY, it was time for W's hair, and was it worth the wait? Um, no! because she wasn't even on the show this week! Dammit! What a waste of an hour! Hey look, Cybil Shepard went to Wearstler's hair dresser! TOP DESIGN at least ended the 3 hour Gay-A-Thon with the gayest thing I've seen on TV in... almost forever.

No comments: