Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Gay Night TV Marathon

While the economy goes down in flames lets talk about flaming homosexuals. Way more fun. The gayest night of TV started out of order for me. I watched PROJECT RUNWAY first because it is now my least favorite show of the night. Also, did you know that Lifetime and NBC/Bravo are in a tug-of-war over PROJECT RUNWAY? Brothers (producers of PR) tried to sell the show to Lifetime because the show is a runaway hit among women 18-34. NBC and Bravo said no way! And, a judge agreed. Next season (if anyone still cares by then) will be on Bravo, but the following season will be on Lifetime. As or tonight's episode, at least we got back to fashion and models who look good in clothes for a change. I am a 100% dress of course; I did not care for Leanne's dress, though I liked the idea of it and her crazy-ass The WeinsteinKorto fan. I am hoping that she wins the whole show. I am hating Kenley more with every passing moment of this episode and hoping that the previews showing her in a throw-down with Heidi are true! On the runway: I loved Korto'sOCD ruffle work; Jerell's dress was gorgeous in parts, but all together it was messy and not at all like his inspiration photo. And then there's Kenley. All I could think of was Divine from Pink Flamingos. The dress looked difficult to walk in, like you'd be out of breath walking across the room. Much to my horror, the judges raked Korto over the coals when every single designer had something wrong with their dress. Props to Jerell for his impassioned speech and for not backing down when Kenley attacked him for not liking her. And then there's Kenley. Wahwah wah. Sniff and boo hoo! I was pooping during the final judging countdown until they pulled the same damn BS again with the pre-show show. Coming up, I hope, is the episode where Tim Gunn visits the designers at home in their studios. Though, I still think Kenley should have been sent packing for being a bigger bitch than any gay man in the history of PR. So, finally, TOP DESIGN let the designers work alone in a design "triathlon". Working in teams was turning the show into a clusterf#ck. I still loooove Nathan, and I wish he wasn't only into fey Asian men. The individual designer challenges really get to show off who they are. Each designer had to embellish a very plain chair and make it their own (chairs pictured are not from the show) Preston's chair was booooring! Wizit's chair looked dirty. I loved the Eddie's chair. It looked very Jonathan Adler. Natalie's chair was ok. It did look tacky. Theresa's chair was janky. Andrea's chair was a wreck, sadly. I loved Ondine's "Betsy Johnson" chair. Nathan's chair was a little garish to me, but I still love him. It did look very finished. The second challenge was a table-setting challenge. Theresa's table was a mess! It looked like a picnic. Natalie's colors made me pukey. Eddie's table was perfect. Andrea's table was very sophisticated (for a child's birthday party). Nathan's table was kinda lame. Preston's table looked like it's not done. Wizit's table was prissy. Shock. Ondine's table was a little off and the judges called her out on it. The third challenge was to design a set for a photo shoot (for Elle Decor) using items bought at a garden store. Weird. OMG, Kelly Werstler's hair is just too insane even for me. She always looks like she's been dragged down a carpeted hallway! Preston's space was awful. Theresa's space looked so bare and plain. Wizit's space at least had some flair and pizzazz. Nathan's space looked boring. Natalie's space was actually OK. I liked Ondine's room. She was able to bring the outdoors inside. Andrea's looked oddly polished but unfinished. Eddie's looked bare and sparse to me. The final two came down to Andrea (Rick Schroeder's wife) and Theresa. Andrea did a great job in 2 of the 3 challenges. Theresa sucked at all 3. And then I watched ANTM as the "main feature" of my gay TV evening. But, by that time I was too tired to blog about it, so you'll have to wait until Thursday.

No comments: