Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BAAAA-KNEE

My blog buddy the super-talented and hilarious, Doodlewhore, had the usual reaction to finding out that I love Bonnie Hunt's new daytime talk show. "[He] figured it was the Ellen Show minus the donut bumping subtext." In many ways it is like Ellen's show, but back when Ellen's show didn't have the donut bumping subtext like she does now. Bonnie Hunt is more like Rosie O'Donnell in her daytime heyday (love her or hate her, Rosie won six Emmys). Bonnie's show is mostly upbeat and positive. No arguing. Not much mean humor. I have to say that it just puts me in the best mood when I watch it. Always! It worries me that I felt the same way about cutie patootie Megan Mullaly's show, and it got canceled right around now. Anyway, if you're home during the day, and you're feeling down (or just bored), check out Bonnie Hunt. One can never tell with celebrities, but whether the Bonnie Hunt on THE BONNIE HUNT SHOW is the real Bonnie Hunt or not, she definitely makes you believe that she's just bein' herself. I also feel like that puts the guests at ease and they're more likely to be fun instead of wooden and nervous. The show really showcases Bonnie's lightning quick improv timing. Her web site is full of videos (that I -sadly- can't embed), but certainly worth checking out. She's super gay-friendly too. She books a lot of queer guests. I love that she loves Shane Mercado as much as I do. Ms. Mercado will be on Bonnie Hunt's show this Wednesday. Set your DVR!

No comments: