Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Yay I'm Below Average!

So, I checked my carbon footprint today --at a friend's urging. And, as it turns out, I'm BELOW average (click on the image to see my results in large form). Whew! I'd be even further below average if it weren't for my drafty no-insulation-havin' rancher house in Seattle where builders from the 1860's through the 1970's had never heard of insulation. My 1950's rancher has little to NO insulation which allows the heat to just waft out in the winter. I'm working on that. I drive a fuel efficient car, and I rarely fly. Apparently that really helps. Both of those factors are outside of my control. I need a car big enough to carry lumber in, and I fly as much as my parents and work make me. Oh! And, I'm a (mostly) vegetarian. That really helps lower my footprint. I produce 24 tons of CO2, just below the national average of 27 tons. Thank goodness that's not all coming out of my toilet! What's your carbon footprint?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Boo. I'm above the average. How can that be?!