Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Too Darn Hot

It's still 80 degrees at 10PM, which officially makes it too hot to blog. However, I will blog on despite the melting inside my brain. So you think you can dance? No, but I know a lot of people who can. I'm sad to see this train pulling into the station. SYTYCD was cruel this season because the dancers were so good, and the choreographers really jockeyed for that Emmy. Let me start by saying that Katee should win hands down. I haven't liked Twitch for weeks. I still like Joshua, but he's not a "star." That other Courtney girl is good, but she's no Katee. I still don't like the unfortunately named Mandy Moore, and I still think that Mia Michaels is a god. That "Russian" number was my least favorite of the season. Bleck. Hated it. What a waste of two sensational hip-hop dancers. Wikipedia has an INSANE amount of detail about this season. Be sure to check it out! There is one example of their "thoroughness" below.

Elimination chart

Contestants are in alphabetical order by last name, then in reverse chronological order of elimination.

Legend
Female Male Bottom 3 couples Bottom 4 contestants
Week: 6/12 6/19 6/26 7/03 7/10 7/17 7/24 7/31** 8/07
Contestant
Result
Joshua Allen








Stephen "Twitch" Boss



B 3
B 4

Courtney Galiano


B 3

B 4
Katee Shean








Mark Kanemura




B 4
Elim
Chelsie Hightower






Elim
William Wingfield B 3


B 3
Elim
Comfort Fedoke
B 3 B 3 B 3 Elim* B 4 Elim
Gev Manoukian


B 3
Elim
Kherington Payne



B 3 Elim
Jessica King B 3


B 3*
Thayne Jasperson
B 3 B 3 B 3 Elim
Matt Dorame B 3
B 3 Elim
Kourtni Lind B 3
B 3 Elim
Chris Jarosz
B 3 Elim
Chelsea Traille
B 3 Elim
Marquis Cunningham
Elim
Susie Garcia
Elim
Jamie Bayard Elim
Rayven Armijo Elim

*Jessica King suffered an injury that resulted in her being unable to continue in the competition. Comfort Fedoke replaced her as she was the most recent female competitor eliminated.[3]

**There was no bottom 4 this week

No comments: