Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dance Dance Dance

My thoughts on the SYTYCD finale show. Halfway through, I was thinking, "Gee, I wonder if the fact that Katee is in MOST of the 'best of' numbers means that she's the judges favorite." It was a delight to see Thayne again. Go, Mary Murphy! Sheesh! It's great to know that she has the chops to back up all her bitching and screaming. Bye, Courtney. OH-KAY, Wade Robson has been dipping into the good 60's acid again. What the HELL was his Rabbit Funeral number about? I applaud SYTYCD for exposing the unwashed masses to modern dance, but Wade's piece was so far over the top it was like Cats on some funky drugs. It creeped me OUT, and NOT in the good way. It figures that Cris Angel (TotalFreak) is involved somehow. I was SHOCKED when Katee was eliminated. Shocked. And, kinda pissed. She was my favorite by FAR. She even KICKED ASS in the door number (AND the hip hop number) after she was eliminated. What a pro! The Debbie Allen Dance Academy of Dance for Dancers (upstairs from a Blimpie's Sub Shop) is apparently teaching America's future Jean Benet Ramseys to dance with creepy old British dudes for fun and profit. Now who's taking the good 60's acid?! Apparently Nigel Litgoe. I have to give it to this show. They know what "pulling out ALL the stops" means, and they sure did it tonight. Oh, I forgot to mention HOW MUCH I HATE The Jonas Brothers. They're just awful on SO many levels. And, now they're "rapping" (do the kids still say 'rapping'?) with George Forman. Yikes. Name the winner already! I love this show, but jeeeez FOX can you please not drag-out and pad every single show you air?! Even on TiVo, this show seemed loooong. I loved Cat Deeley's dress. Why are there never good pictures from the shows?! I also loved the look back at all of the "best of" former performers. And, then they were actually THERE. How fierce is that? Neil is super CUTE and --apparently-- made of rubber. Bouncy! Hawk is also one of my favorites ever. Crazy. Were there like 50 dancers on stage? Get on with it! Who won?! Helloooooo! Oh, Joshua. Good.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Katee was robbed.

Sarah said...

How on God's green earth did Katee go second?!!? AND Twitch I love you, but when they tell you to get off the stage so the winner can have the spotlight, then you need to tone it down.