Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shameless

Guilty pleasures! There are a LOT of very stupid hilarious shows on right now. Do NOT miss any of the following.

I WANT TO WORK FOR DIDDY - Makes The Apprentice look like kindergarten. My favorite contestant is the tranny who is like a classy Omarosa (I mean that as a complement!). One of the best parts is interview segments with Diddy's former assistants who all get this look in their eyes that you see after someone survives a Grizzly Bear attack and half their skull is ripped off, but they're still alive! That's apparently what it's like to work for Diddy.

TABATHA'S SALON TAKEOVER - Tabatha kicks ass! She is a force to be reckoned with. I think she's been called a bitch to her face (or near it) on every episode so far. And, she isn't. But, she is an excellent example of a driven, talented woman who gets called a bitch (mostly by gay men, Bravo) for standing her ground. The show'sproduction is top-drawer too. The editing and camera work are way better than the usual reality stuff. She, Diddy and Gordon Ramsey scare me, but the more I learn about them through their various projects, the more I respect their bat-shit-crazy dedication to their craft.

REALITY BITES BACK - This show makes me laugh so hard it hurts me. I can't watch it on a full stomach or I get cramps. With such episodes as HUNTING WITH THE STARS and SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DIVE, the show spoofs reality shows while being all of them. In the first episode I saw, the contestants (who are all comedians) had to come on to someone in a dark room who turned out to be their mother, sister grandmother, or father. I love Amy Schumer who was on LAST COMIC STANDING at some point. I also still can't believe that Michael Ian Black is straight. I've had a crush on him forever. [Programing note: there is an upcoming marathon on Sunday or Monday.]

TORI & DEAN and ROB & BIG - The only thing better than TORI & DEAN BACK IN HOLLYWOOD and ROB & BIG would be if Rob, Big, Tori, and Dean all hung out more often. There is NO reason for either couple to have a show, and neither show is ANYTHING more than just following them around to the dry-cleaner and drive-thru. Yet, I can't get enough!

Oh yeah, and Janice Dickinson has somehow managed to go even more insane by moving into a Christopher Ciccione-designed "Model House" with her models this season on THE JANICE DICKINSON MODELING AGENCY which should be called CATTY GAY BITCHFIGHT. Janice is the queen of psychodrama.

And, as long as we're making short, shameful confessions I wanna make out with the Old Spice Minotaur Guy (OSMG) who is cute, and -- I hear -- hung like a... well, you know.

What are you watching? What half-man half-donkey creatures do you have a crush on?

No comments: