Monday, December 24, 2007

Trapped in My Own Reality

I hesitate to post about the AMAZING RACE for two reasons. 1.) I don't want this blog to be just about reality TV, and 2.) kvetching about AR is like shooting fish in a barrel these days. I want to like AR more, but they really haven't "enhanced" the race model in years. The teams all still get all bunched up on the same bus, boat, or barge. I think it's time to really mix up the AMAZING RACE and throw some curves at the racers. I mean, the producers have got the entire globe to play with and we've still got 8 teams on he same bus to a showdown at the Biggest Ball Of Twine. Of course, I realize it's difficult to produce a race contest using transportation in a post-9/11 world. I know that if I see a dirty hippy running through an airport these days, I'm heading right out the door and canceling my plans to fly. There must be a way to make the legs last over a series of episodes where some teams get trapped in a cave or stuck on a Jet Blue plane for 10 hours without and food, air, rights, or water. I think they should also do a season of relationships on the verge: folks who just got or are getting divorced, estranged relatives, and/or former litigants on Judge Judy.

No comments: